Art and Photography Resources
Some visitors to Monticello Park are interested in photography, drawing, and painting.
Monticello sometimes can be a difficult place for bird photography because of poor lighting. This is offset by the fact that photographers can get closer to birds than they can in most other places. The following books provide information about how to photograph birds:
- Bird Photography: A Beginner's Guide to Mastering the Art of Capturing Stunning Images of Birds
- Photographing Birds: Art and Techniques
- The Handbook of Bird Photography
- National Geographic Photographing Birds
These books provide information about how to draw birds and flowers:
- The Art of Botanical & Bird Illustration: An artist's guide to drawing and illustrating realistic flora, fauna, and botanical scenes from nature
- Laws Guide to Drawing Birds
- Bird Art: Using Graphite and Coloured Pencils
- How To Draw Birds in Simple Steps
- Draw 50 Flowers, Trees, and Other Plants: The Step-by-Step Way to Draw Orchids, Weeping Willows, Prickly Pears, Pineapples, and Many More...
These two books show works by talented artists — one a painter and the other a photographer:
- Nests: Fifty Nests and the Birds that Built Them